Friday, June 24, 2016

Fourth and Fifth Weeks

Hey Everyone,

In the last week we had four days of rest and I used that time to visit some friends in Honolulu-Hawaii, it was an amazing experience. I have never seen such a beautiful place in my life.

Upper Makua Cave - Hawaii
In this week, besides some issues with the AutoCAD due to problems with the internet connection in the shop, I could make a good improve in my tasks. I finished the Site Plan of 1555 S 7th street area that we are going to use to build the test track.

Site Plan of 1555 S 7th street

 After that I could finally start to work on the layouts of potential tracks. We had decided in the third week that we would focus just on the full scale test track, that will allow us to test more important aspects of the system. Working on the possible layouts we found out that a track with the 30m radius curve assumed in the first place wouldn't fit in the available area, so we decided to modify this parameter to 10m and use an alternative area, in a way that would disturb less the companies inside the site.

Alternative layout for the Full Scale test track

Now, for the next weeks we hope to get permission to use that new area, in order to start working on the structural aspects of the track. We also need to choose a design for the stations. 

No comments:

Post a Comment